Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Homemade Chicken Gravy


I made this gravy on Easter, using the pan juices from the roasted chicken. I knew I wanted to make gravy since we were having chicken and mashed potatoes, and after making gravy from scratch on Thanksgiving, I knew I could do it again. I didn't use a recipe here, I just added flour and water until it was the right consistency. The pan juices make the gravy really flavorful, unlike that packaged, powdered junk. Definitely give this a try the next time you roast a chicken!

Homemade Chicken Gravy

Printable Recipe


Ingredients

Pan juices from roasted chicken
2-3 tablespoons flour
2-3 cups water
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Place the roasting pan on the stovetop, with the flame on medium high. Add the flour and mix into the pan juices. Add the water and whisk to combine, allowing the sauce to thicken.

Season the gravy with salt and pepper and pour into a serving dish.

Enjoy over roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, or whatever else you like smothered in gravy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin