Thursday, January 28, 2010

Buffalo Bleu Chicken Pizza


The mom came over recently for a lesson in making homemade pizza crust, and I figured that would be the perfect time to test a new pizza recipe I've been mulling over in my head. I love bleu cheese and hot wings, and of course, hot wings dipped in bleu cheese dressing, so I figured I could make a killer pizza with these toppings.

I bought a nice moldy hunk of bleu cheese at Fresh and Easy to crumble over the pizza, and combined that with some shredded mozeralla and mild cheddar cheese. The three cheeses were the perfect combination, with none of them overpowering the other. The only problem we had was the dough took FOREVER to rise, even sitting on top of a hot oven (my usual trick to make it rise quick), which made it harder to stretch out and shape. I chalked it up the fact that we had all the windows open and it was freezing and damp outside after 5 days of torrential rain.

The mom brought my dad over with her-- he wanted to watch football with the husband--so we made a regular pepperoni pizza too, with a homemade tomato sauce. We had a lot of fun cooking while the men watched the Vikings/Saints game, event though, sadly, my boyfriend Farve lost. The mom even washed all the dirty dishes for me!

This pizza is definitely a keeper and I can't wait to make it again.



Buffalo Bleu Chicken Pizza
Source: me
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
1/4 cup chunky bleu cheese dressing
2-3 tablespoons hot wing sauce (add more or less based on how much heat you like)
1 grilled chicken breast
an additional 1-2 tablespoons hot wing sauce
2 cups mozarella cheese, shredded
1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green)

Directions
Place your pizza stone in the oven and pre-heat to 525 degrees.

Mix the bleu cheese dressing and hot wing sauce together and spread on your pizza crust.

Slice the grilled chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and coat with the additional hot sauce.

Top the pizza with the shredded cheese and dot with chunks of bleu cheese crumbles and chicken. Sprinkle with the sliced green onions. Drizzle with additional bleu cheese dressing, if desired.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

Ann In Fallbrook, CA said...

What a wonderful mom you must have to wash all those dishes for you. She is definitely a keeper!! (haha)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin