Monday, February 22, 2010

Grilled Stuffed Potatos

I am a pretty laid back wife when it come to Valentine's Day. I love celebrating Christmas, birthdays, and our anniversary, but for some reason I am just not that into Valentine's Day. I don't think it has to do with the "commercialization" of the holiday (umm, hello, Christmas is super commercialized, but I still love it), but maybe it's just that it was never a big deal for me growing up.

The thought of waiting around forever to get a table at a restaurant, only to overpay for sub-par service and food I can do a better job of making myself, makes me want to just stay home. Which is what we did this year. No flowers, no cards, just a couple of lobster tails grilled up on our patio and served with these potatoes. The perfect accompaniment to our understated holiday.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.


Grilled Stuffed Potatoes
Source: Cooking in Cucamonga Original

Printable Recipe


Directions

2 baking potatoes
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tablespoon sour cream
1/4 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper

Toppings
sour cream
bacon
green onions

Directions
Wash and scrub the potatoes, making sure to get all the dirt off the skin. Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork and then microwave them for 8 minutes, or until for tender.

Cut each potato in half lenghtwise and scoop out all the flesh, being careful to keep the skin in tact.

In a medium bowl, combine the potato flesh with the remaining ingredients and mash together.

Spoon the potato mixture back into the skins, filling each skin completely.

Grill the potatoes for about 10 minutes, until the skin is crispy and the flesh is warmed.

Top with sour cream, bacon, and additional green onions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin