Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Muffins


I saw these muffins on Stephanie Cooks and knew immediately that I wanted to try them. I am a huge fan of muffins and I already had all the ingredients on hand, so I couldn't wait to bake up a batch.

Well to say these were a hit would be an understatement. The husband and I gobbled them up in 2 days, scarfing 2 at a time. He was upset that I ate the last two muffins for breakfast without saving him any. In my defense, I eat in the car while driving on the freeway and I need a portable breakfast. The husband wakes up long after I have already left for work, has time to eat before leaving home, and only has a 4 mile commute straight down the street. He can deal. :)

These are not very sweet, but they are really flavorful and incredibly moist. I might add some brown sugar next time to up the sweetness factor (I have a huge sweet tooth), but then they won't be very health-friendly.

Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Muffins
Source: adapted from
Stephanie Cooks
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 cups Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg
3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (or you can chop up regular chocolate chips)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix all ingredients together.

Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.

Divide batter into 15 muffin cups, filling nearly all the way.

Bake 20-30 minutes, until the edges begin turning to brown and they are slightly firm to the touch.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin