Monday, April 13, 2009

Blogging, Take 2

Well, I have tried setting up a food blog before, but didn't keep up with it. Now I am ready to actually blog about the food I am cooking and share it with you. I have been doing a lot of cooking lately, especially yeast breads, but I have been bad about taking pictures. :( I apologize in advance for my lack of pictures, but I promise, new creations will be photographed.

Anyway, can I just tell you how exciting I find it to make yeast breads?? I finally decided to give it a try after reading numerous other blog posts on the subject. I had always thought it would be this difficult, laborious process, and it is actually really easy!! I did have 3 fails when I first tried to make pizza crust, but as it turned out, the recipe failed me. The recipe I used only called for about 2 ounces of water in the *entire* recipe! Yeah, not nearly enough.

After consulting the cooking gurus on The Nest, I quickly learned *much* more water was needed. My fourth attempt was a huge score; I was so happy I was dancing around my kitchen while my husband played video games and bemusedly smiled at me. Unfortunately, I then burned the crust to death on my barbecue. Ehh, better luck next time, right?

Check back again soon for some actual recipes and cooking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin